hello kitty goes to peaches

9.21.2006

So Long My Sweet Friend

I bet you are expecting an elegy for a dead person. Oh no my friends.... I am now going to lament a different sort of companion, one that I love very much...

Today I was getting dressed for school and found I was piling on layers of clothing and considering my outfit and which sweater or jacket I could wear with it. It was a horrible feeling. I hate the transition into fall clothes. I like the easy choice of which white tank top I will pair with a flouncy skirt and my jean jacket. It is super simple and still super stylish. But, the true transition into fall occurred when I pulled out my sock basket, selected a stripey pair, and strapped on my tennies.

Yes, that is right folks...I am wearing close-toed shoes.

I did not wear a pair of close-toed shoes all summer long. I love showing off cute pedicured toes and spangled flip flops. It is the best part of summer if you don't include sunlight or freckles.

I knew summer was over when my favorite Professor shrieked in horror on Monday night "Oh my gosh, I am just cold looking at your feet! How can you wear flip flops?" This lady has a deep perma-tan and she is obviously a fan of all things sunny and summer. If she says it's time, I guess it is time.

It must be fitting that as the calendar turns to fall, I turn to close-toed shoes. Sad, sad, sad, but all the while.....True.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home