hello kitty goes to peaches

8.27.2006

Jesus Is Magic

I rented Sarah Silverman's comedy piece Jesus Is Magic. I didn't have much of a reference framework for Sarah, aside from the fact that she is Jimmy Kimmel's girlfriend. I knew she was a comic, but never had seen her work.

The movie was a blend of live performance and silly spoof songs that further investigated themes in her routine. She left no group out. She was nice enough to slam Jews, blacks, Asians, Hispanics and the elderly. I am sure she gave credit to other groups, but I can't remember them all.

It was pretty funny. Sometimes I wish there was a comedy style that didn't need to be so offensive to score points with audiences but I still can't help but laugh because some observations she makes are so on the mark. As a bonus, I think she is really pretty and nice to look at. There is a level of gender satisfaction, because you rarely see women in a comic role acting really perverse. Most women comics I am familiar with are very loud, but Sarah is gross. Since I am kinda gross and full of "too much information" I feel like I need to give her kudos for being herself and not toning it down.

It was a quick view, but loaded with laughs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home