hello kitty goes to peaches

8.28.2006

The Girl In The Cafe

Sam www.thehoyden.blogspot.com reviewed this film on her blog a few weeks ago. She described it in such a way that I really wanted to see it. I am not going to attempt to summarize in a different way, because Sam already did a fine job. Ironically the actress who played the "girl" in the cafe won the Emmy last night for her performance and it just so happened that I planned on watching it after the Emmy's.

The basic story is about a finance advisor to the chancellor who takes the lone seat in a cafe across from a stranger. The stranger is a shy young woman and the two awkwardly start a conversation that leads to a few meals together. A romance blossoms between the two and she accompanies him on his trip to the G8 summit.

This movie was very quiet and unassuming but there was an underlying element that made me look into those fictional characters and wonder what made them tick. I enjoyed the disquiet that was inside them because I could relate to it. There was an element of truth that you often don't find and for that reason I think you should go out and find this movie. It really was beautiful.

1 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Blogger Sam said...

Yes, yes, yes. "The Girl in the Cafe" rocks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home