hello kitty goes to peaches

9.21.2006

First Bite of Fall

Tonight at the store I was delighted to see my favorite apple is back in season and that apple is the honeycrisp variety. A few years ago I discovered this special autumnal treat at Whole Foods. As the time has passed, and the word spread, it is getting easier and easier to find the sweet treat. But, not really a cheap bite at $2.69lb. Three apples cost me $4.

I really can't complain about the price tag because these apples are like a drink, a dessert and a serving of fruit all in one. They are so juicy and just like Twizzlers, they make your mouth happy. They remind me of the granny smith without the tummy ache from bitterness. After having this apple I decided to embrace the Fall (not that I really have a choice, it is coming even if I don't want it) and I am going to try to welcome Fall.

So, cider mills, chunky sweaters and leaf raking here I come!! Well maybe not that leaf raking part, but it sounded good when I typed it. Those blisters that come from the rake kinda suck and would spoil the Fall fun.

Go out and try yourself a honeycrisp apple. You will be back thanking me. I would accept a pie made of the apples if you're so inclined.

2 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger Sam said...

mmm honeycrisp good...

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger michael said...

Honeycrisp apples are like candy from a tree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home