hello kitty goes to peaches

5.27.2007

it never fails

For the first time in a very long time, I have cable television. I have long avoided cable due to the cost and my inability to not turn into a total boob while I watch the TV. It truly is pretty sad that I can't resist a television :-)

Forrest Gump is playing on some sort of loop this weekend. It never fails, this movie always makes me cry. I think I cried through the entire film the first time I saw it. Every time I see it or hear songs from the soundtrack I get a little misty. Gosh darn it! I don't feel like crying today!

The thing that always strikes me with this movie is how hopeful Forrest is. Most people, given the life that Forrest was handed, would probably bury their head in the sand and never leave the house. But, Forrest always tries to see the bright side. Sure, he is a little challenged in the developmental department, but maybe we all could use a little bit of faith and optimism. Surely couldn't hurt.

After a week of--driving three screaming cats 13hrs, being locked out of my new house for 2 days, waiting for 3 days for electricity, discovering my air conditioning was broken, (and I have no screens) working without a phone or Internet at work, and let us not forget the palmetto bug infestation in my new place- I maintained a healthy dose of optimism. I figured I should just go with the flow. I guess I have a little Forrest in me. Or, I might be developmentally challenged? Maybe I should request that no one leaves a comment ruling in on that one :-)

Stupid is as stupid does.

3 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger DDD said...

Dude...just change the channel and watch Law & Order instead.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"I may not be a smart man Jen-ny...but I know what love is." - i always forget what a great movie this is...i can usually keep it together until he's talking about his son to Jenny's grave under "their" tree...lose it everytime :)

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger michael said...

"You died on a Thursday" That's the line that gets me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home