hello kitty goes to peaches

8.23.2006

You Might Think I'm Foolish

I have had a serious problem for my entire adult life and I am trying to see if I might be strong enough to put a stop to it. I struggle with it daily and I am so tired of it.

I hate doing dishes.

The irony about this is that I love to cook. I don't seem to know how to cook without creating dishtubs full of dirty dishes. What is even more ironic is that my last two homes have had the worlds smallest kitchens, each with about a 10-12 inch wide countertop, and a single small sink. I have not had a dishwasher in over 5 years. My life is ruled by a sinkful of dirty dishes and I need to find the resolve to wash dishes more often (like more often than once every three weeks.)

Tonight it took me 45 minutes to wash the worlds stinkiest sink of dishes. I couldn't make enough room to boil a pot of noodles and therefore it was finally time to strap on the rubber gloves and suds up.

I have a problem and I gotta gain control and exhibit some discipline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home