hello kitty goes to peaches

7.19.2006

No, No, No

This is going to be a quick one, because I fear if I go off too far on this topic it will undoubtedly spiral out of control.

I went to Krogers today because they have cheese on sale this week-10 for $10 for all shredded, brick, sliced and cubed cheese. You can not pass this deal up, especially when you are a)unemployed and b) a lacto-ovo vegetarian. During my trip, I unearthed a fine deal for Gatorade-same price. You can't beat those deals with a stick!

Man. Do you ever actually look around when you are at the grocery store? Sure, I don't usually get all "dolled up" to pick out cheese, but there are some fundamental standards that should be followed when entering into a public arena. I will start a short list of things that make me say "No, No, No".

**Racerback tank tops with regular bra straps
**White slacks with white underpants (you know, they do make nude underpants) (and wearing a white thong does not work. Your pantyline is just transformed into an ass-crack highway of white)
**Any pair of pants/shorts that have something printed on the seat
**Housecoats (unless you are too heavy to wear normal clothing or you are recovering from surgery)
**Slippers in public
**Pajama pants as a fashion statement
**Tube socks pulled up to the knee with black dress shoes
**Soiled clothing

I feel the need to gather up these folks and provide them with tips to better grocery store fashion. Sure, it isn't a runway, but people are shopping for food. You need to consider that your choices in apparel might turn them off of food.

ps- just a note...the word "underpants" is not in the blogger dictionary!

1 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger Erika said...

I blushed when I read this, because I was at that very moment very guilty of one of those things. But no one ever accused me of being fashionable in the first place.

I would, however, humbly add that grossly overweight individuals should not wear shirts with words like "juicy" or "hot stuff." While it may seem that wearing said item will serve as a sublimial message to all who gaze in your direction, in reality, that stuff's just gonna get you laughed at. I am, however, not altogether supportive of those shirts anyway, not because they are degrading to women but because they are tacky.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home