hello kitty goes to peaches

7.20.2006

Cloudy, Conflicted, Confounded

I have been haunted today. I have been haunted with my feelings on the Internet and our limitless ability to communicate in a way we never could before the explosion of the cyber universe.

You can hide being a false name and pose as someone you are not. You can say things you would never have the courage (or decency) to say if you didn't have your monitor and mouse to hide behind. You can bridge the distance of geographical space and talk with those who are worlds away. You can unload the contents of your soul for strangers to read, judge, and contemplate. You create a surreal universe that mirrors reality.

I don't know if I think this is a good thing. Does it prevent us from holding a real and lasting connection to a breathing, living human being? Does it turn your life into a masked ball and no one takes their masks off? Does it disorient you in such a way that you become inadequate for something real?

I feel blinded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home