hello kitty goes to peaches

7.26.2007

i can listen to these songs on repeat....forever.....

erika blogged today about songs she can listen to over and over again. i loved the entry. therefore, i will copy it. except i have a ton more to list. ****keep in mind, these are not my favorite songs, they are songs i can listen to over and over again and never get bored****

i have long, long, long been a fan of listening to songs over and over again. my earliest memory of the repeat phenomenon was my madonna 45 of "dress you up." it was my first record and i would just move the needle back to the beginning all day long. it was the only record i had. but, i do think i loved the song because i didn't get bored with it and switch to the radio.

then there is the high school classic mix tape story. in the 10th grade i made a mix tape that was literally a repeat tape. on one side was the cure's "pictures of you" and on the b side nine inch nails "something i can never have." i would have these dramatic evenings where i would wallow in my teenage angst and fall asleep to this tape. my mother would scream at me to turn that tape off. eventually i switched to headphones. to this day, i never tire of these two songs. they are, in my opinion, perfect.

songs from my toddler years that i loved (even in the crib.....there is documentation in my baby book)

my baby takes the morning train.....diana ross (was that her?)
red rubber ball......the circle
build me up buttercup...... (not sure who did this one)
the gambler...........kenny rogers
brick house.....commodores
the happening and impressions.........the supremes
black dog........led zeppelin
i saw her again last night........mama's and the papa's
me and julio down by the schoolyard.........paul simon
you can't always get what you want........rolling stones

other songs that hold some repeat records during my teen years include.....
stay....lisa loeb
the dangling conversation......simon and garfunkel
don't stop believing.....journey
let's go crazy.....prince (middles school years)
i think we're alone now......tiffany (middle school years)
ob-la-di ob-la-da..........the beatles
chorus......erasure
how can i tell you that i love you?..............cat stevens
november rain.....guns n roses (this also had a repeat mix tape. summer 1992)
all i want is you........U2
nightswimming.....REM
low......cracker
fake plastic trees........radiohead
all mixed up..........red house painters
stripped.......depeche mode
pour some sugar on me......def leppard(this was 6th grade)
jane says......janes addiction
so whatcha want............beastie boys
need you tonight..........inxs
we didn't start the fire...........billy joel
the crystal ship......the doors
desperado and take it easy........the eagles
dont let the sun go down on me.........elton john/george michael
old man.........neil young
head like a hole.....actually the whole pretty hate machine album...NIN
polly........nirvana
summer nights..........grease
please, please, please let me get what i want...........the smiths
take me i'm yours.........squeeze
running to stand still...........U2

As a grown up these songs could play on my radio everyday and I would love it

nobody's crying......patty griffin
32 flavors.......ani difranco
come pick me up.......ryan adams
ball and a biscuit........the white stripes
murder of one.......counting crows
el caminos in the west......grandaddy
everything is free.....gillian welch
redemption song.....bob marley
cello song......nick drake
deathly......aimee mann
touch me with your love.....beth orton
say hello, wave goodbye....david gray
where does the good go?..........tegan and sara
i will follow you into the dark...........death cab for cutie
any version of the song landslide by fleetwood mac
bloody motherfucker......martha wainwright
let there be rock.........drive by truckers
any version of river by joni mitchell
heavy metal drummer.....wilco
the morning after.......howie day
Why Georgia........john mayer
numb..........U2
so cruel..........U2
side........travis
12 bellevue............kathleen edwards
divorce song........liz phair
essence.........lucinda williams
portions for foxes......rilo kiley
american girl........tom petty
for the sake of the song........townes van zandt

and lately i can't get enough of

suffer in silence........the frames
still be around........uncle tupelo
panthers in crime.......thunderbirds are now!
you wreck me........tom petty
via chicago.......wilco
between the bars.......elliott smith
love you til the end......the pogues
everything you've done wrong........sloan
the golden state.......john doe
silverbell.......patty griffin

and of all time..........
where the streets have no name...........U2
when i hear this song, i feel like a camera is following me around for the story of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home